Rail Gap Adjuster
The KT-30 can push/pull up to 100 mm. (4″) in a single operation and up to 250 mm. (10″) with several passes.
KT-30 is a hydraulically operated hand pumped Rail Gap Adjuster, capable of either pushing or pulling rail ends with a force of up to 30 ton.
- It carries its own weight on built-in rollers for easy transit along the rail. Because it is totally self-contained, the bulky power packs are not required. The unit grips the rail head leaving access to remove fishplates and replace insulating end posts, while still holding any tension or compression present in the rail.
- The Rail Gap Adjuster makes it possible to replace a failed end post without the need to wait for the rail to cool down. This can be done in less than half an hour, reducing train delays and saving significant sums of money in the process.
- It replaces insulated joint end posts without removing the fish plates.
- It adjusts the gap on jointed track by switches and crossings to correct for creep movement.
- It replaces broken and worn fishplates using our Master 35® Impact Wrench or other suitable devices.
- It adjusts breather switches utilizing the nearest fish plate joint.
- The KT-30 can push/pull up to 100 mm. (4″) in a single operation and up to 250 mm. (10″) with several passes.